Sunday, January 18, 2009

AM Week Numero Dos!


Wow! This has been an amazing second week at Animation Mentor! It's about 2 hours from our deadline and I have finally put the finishing touches on my character, Stu. (How's that for down to the wire?) Our Basic Foundations Week 2 Assignment was to go to a public place and sketch out some poses. Early this week I made my way over to a local gym and tried to do some quick pencil sketches of the people exercising... others looked tuckered out. When I got home I looked at additional photo and video references from the web, and those helped me to tweak my drawings into more convincing poses. (Thank you YouTube!) And since then I've been working on posing Stu based on one of the positions I drew of a dancer doing warm up stretches before a rehearsal. The AM community has been outstanding and supportive! Everyone has an assignment due and is crunched for time, yet they are willing to help out and give advice on an idea or how to tweak the character into a more convincing position. They were enormously helpful to me with this assignment. AM is such a great place to learn!

1 comment: