Sunday, January 25, 2009

AM Week 003: Bouncing Ball + Excitement Pose


We finally began animating during Week 3 at Animation Mentor! This is what we've all been waiting for ladies and gents! A bouncing basketball may look simple, but I guarantee you that it's not easy to animate. Maya's graph editor made the task extra difficult for me at first, but since then it and I have become BFF and I vow to never curse at it again.

Aside from our bouncing ball animation, we had to pose Stu (our AM character/rig) to show him in a state of excitement. Again, not another easy task. I usually associate excitement with facial expressions, and poor Stu does not have a face. So my classmates and I had to rely on body language alone in conveying his excitement. Here's what I came up with for both assignments, after much revision and advice from my awesome fellow classmates...








1 comment:

  1. Hey Ana
    First thing..... AWESOME POSES!!!!!!
    not only the on u used for stu but all the others u've drawn are so good looking poses...Am gonna come back to this page when i get to the posing assignments...... :D!!!

    And the bouncing ball looks pretty gud as well !!! Great work ur allready a gr88 ANA-MATOR :) !!!

    ReplyDelete